http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/758/1246/1600/student%20radio%20station%20attacked.jpg LIAR PARADOX: Happy Black History Month, From a Fly on the Wall

LIAR PARADOX

Whatever Bush says is a lie? That MUST be a truth!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Happy Black History Month, From a Fly on the Wall

Yes, as a white girl from the South, I am a fly on the wall when it comes to what the white man really thinks about discrimination, affirmative action, reparations, etc.

I hear it time and again that the blacks are taking all the goodies from the whites.
I'm so happy that we have Black History Month. And when I think of Black History, I am reminded that the "South" that these whiteys so belovedly romantacize, was built on the backs of the blacks.

Yes, it was the black folks that made the South so great and powerful. And they did it for FREE for hundreds of years.

And with that, I have to say, affirmative action and reparations have done little to compensate the descendants of the folks that put the South on the map.

True, white people today never owned slaves. But they still benefit tremendously from the hundreds of years of free labor of the blacks.....moreso than the children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren of slaves. We can see evidence of that from just who suffered from Katrina, and who is getting kicked out on the streets this week.

5 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Blogger Colorado Jyms said...

I like your blog Banana.

Have you ever heard the quote from I believe Morgan Freeman (?) where he said he doesn't like Black History month because it is another means of segregation? It is an interesting concept. Essentially the arguement is: We are Americans and should be included in the History books as Americans, not Black Americans. I personally like Black History month because it allows us to talk about the troubles that Blacks have and had in our country. But then again I'm a white guy living in a nice town.

 
At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your post. As a Black man in America, I have experienced the attitudes you talk about in this blog. It surprises me that someone would be willing to say what you said. I just wish that it wasn't like that, but this Country is divided by race.

The sad fact is that Arabs from overseas are more excepted than Blacks like me, and I served 11 years in the United States Army. I was protecting my fellow Americans Black and White and yet the terrorist who committed the 9-11 attacked were more trusted than I was at the time.

A military officer once said, "We have met the enemy and he is ours", but some whites believe, "We have met the enemy and he is Black". That is a sad but true commentary on the state of race relations in this Country. I often visit Canada and I feel more welcome in Canada than I do in the United States. As a soldier I traveled all over the world, and I discovered that Blacks are hated no matter where we go.

Contrary to popular belief, I know that Blacks are the most hated race on the planet. This Country gives billions of dollars to Israel every year because of the treatment they received at the hands of Germany during WWII. But what most American don't know or won't admint, just as many slaves died during slavery as jews killed by Hilter.

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to have you visit my Blog at WWW.Plainnews.blogspot.com. I posted the anonymous comments dated 2-20-06 at 10:35. I'm a black male, and I would like to thank you for being honest and making your comments. If more people were honest about race, we wouldn't have as many problems in America.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger banana said...

what little shreds of racism that were still in me were shed when i read this book:

Kluger, Richard. Simple Justice: The History of Brown v. Board of Education and Black America’s Struggle for Equality. New York: Knopf, 2004.
Based on extensive interviews and legal documents, this book presents a detailed account of the five cases that came to be known as Brown v. Board of Education. Though originally published twenty-five years ago, it remains one of the principal references on this subject.

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous kyle said...

I just wish that it wasn't like that, but this Country is divided by race.

I would submit, in addition to the inherent divisions of race in our culture, race segregations are intimatly tied to class in this culture.

Other races have been marginalized in our culture as well. While I'm certainly not discounting the on-going struggles that African Americans face in this country, I wonder why there isn't a Native American History month. Afterall, genocide continues. I mean there is the poor of the United states, i.e. the lower class....below them remains Native American communities.

Just my $.02

 

Post a Comment

<< Home