http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/758/1246/1600/student%20radio%20station%20attacked.jpg LIAR PARADOX: WHY NUKE POWER NO SOLUTION TO ECO PROBLEMS

LIAR PARADOX

Whatever Bush says is a lie? That MUST be a truth!

Monday, August 15, 2005

WHY NUKE POWER NO SOLUTION TO ECO PROBLEMS

In response to the global warming crisis, more and more environmentalists are becoming more and more complacent to the advancement of nuclear power across the globe.

Many argue that nuclear power is the solution to the global warming crisis.

I do not agree. Instead, I find that the solution is reduction of energy consumption, education, and exercise. Because the problem lies with our culture of laziness and materialism, not with a necessary demand for more energy.

People across the planet are using more and more energy than their ancestors. From my own family's experience, I can attest that I grew up in a household that used THREE TIMES the energy that my grandparents used.

The Chinese demand for oil in industry and in automobiles is tripling, while Americans buy bigger televisions, vehicles, refrigerators, ovens; things that require twice as much energy consumption as more reasonably sized comparable goods.

As we are witnessing the war in Iraq, more and more Americans are coming to the realization that the war was not about "freeing the people of Iraq from tyranny," but instead is a war over natural resources, specifically oil.

As an American soldier who was in Iraq during the initial invasion (some may recall it as "shock and awe") stated on Alternet, his duty in Iraq was to "secure the oil fields."


Also we have the Europeans who are aware of the catastrophes that will be happening soon (within the next 50 years) as a result of global warming, who are desperate to get this thing turned around.
They are promoting nuclear energy. Even the environmentalists!!

But this is why nuclear energy is not the solution.

1. Uranium Mining

For those who live around uranium mines, they can attest to what uranium mining does to the water, causing birth defects, cancers, decay, destruction, and death. Just ask the Eastern Navajo Dine of the Southwestern United States.





2. Massive consumption of Water for the Cooling Towers


Nuclear power plants require billions of gallons of water for the cooling process, which is necessary in avoiding nuclear meltdowns, such as the one that occurred at Chernobyl.
Furthermore, just like oil, water is a finite resource!! It would be unwise to use billions upon billions upon billions of gallons water each day across the globe, on water for nuclear power plants.








3. Nuclear Waste


Last but not least...we do not have a nuclear waste plan anywhere in this world. American alone has tons upon tons of nuclear waste and we don't know what in the hell to do with it. Russia processes a lot of Europe's nuclear waste, and I'm sure that the inhabitants in the towns of Kazakstan and other places in Russia where nuclear waste is stored and processed can tell you.... "I wish we had enough money to get the fam-damily outta this joint! But the medical bills for all the cancer treatments have got us stuck here."

Furthermore, burying nuclear waste underground ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET is unwise when thinking about water. Things seep and move under the ground, and they will eventually get into the water table. Especially something as corrosive as nuclear waste.


CONCLUSION

Basically, when I think of finding solutions to the problems of global warming, I can't help but find similarities to addresssing the problems of obesity.

It's just plain common sense. As in addressing being a fatass, you know that the #1 solution is to eat less, and exercise more.

Well in addressing global warming, use less energy and .... ta da!! exercise more!

1. USE LESS ENERGY
Goddammit! Turn off the lights if you are not using them. Stop being such a goddammed sissy in the summer time and turn off the damned air conditioning!! Get you some wet towels or rags and wipe your face with them. When the heat gets extremely unbearable, go take a cool shower. It's absolutely orgasmic.

And for those of you with health conditions such as asthma. Just try it during the day. Cut your air conditioning use by at least half and turn on the air only at night. Try it!! It's not that bad!

2. QUIT DRIVING SO GODDAMMED MUCH, GET OUT THERE AND WALK!


I will admit it.. I have a car. A 1999 Honda Civic that I take excellent care of, and which I like to brag to SUV drivers.... gets 35 miles to the gallon!

I fill up my tank about once every six weeks, because guess what? I live close to where I work and attend school and I walk everywhere else!!

It's great! I love it. I see more stuff getting out there walking than I do driving, and I'm a lot less stressed out too!

3. GET SOME STUFF THAT SAVES ENERGY! LIKE THESE GREAT LIGHT BULBS HERE

4. QUIT BUYING SUCH HUGE ENERGY CONSUMING ITEMS!!

Why on earth would a family of two need to buy a five bedroom house? Ridiculous. When I see huge houses like that, I think "Man. I sure am glad I don't have to pay the utility bills for that joint."

Or why do people find the neeed to buy a friggin' refrigerator big enough for a commercial kitchen in a restaurant? What about that television that is as big as a friggin' movie screen?

Why do you need such big stuff that consumes a boat-load of electricity? Think about it, the next time you need to buy stuff that consumes energy.

Ask yourself.... is it worth it that my tax dollars will go to a war that creates global instability and environmental destruction if I buy this huge energy consuming thing?


Is it worth it that people fight wars over water so that I can have this big energy consuming thing?

Just think about it.

And I know how most people feel. They feel that they are just one person, and how can they, as one person do so much damage? Come on!! You know the answer to that! You see the vehicles on the streets just as I do... that for every five vehicles on the road, three of them are SUVs!! So you, collectively with all the others..... that's how the damage is being done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home