http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/758/1246/1600/student%20radio%20station%20attacked.jpg LIAR PARADOX: One Million Tennesseeans Donating $10 = $10 million to the victims of Hurricane Katrina

LIAR PARADOX

Whatever Bush says is a lie? That MUST be a truth!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One Million Tennesseeans Donating $10 = $10 million to the victims of Hurricane Katrina

Folks.
I went out to eat this evening in downtown Memphis, and I saw so many people dressed in purple and gold, the color of Louisiana, dressed in some of the most colorful clothing that only New Orleans natives can pull off, young and old, black and white.

I especially felt heartbroken when I would see the faces of displaced elder Louisianans...they just looked so lost..confused, about what the future holds for them.

I thought about how Slidell is completely under water, the city with the best crawdaddy gumbo on earth.....gone, sunken...with the snap of a finger...just like that.

One million folks in and around New Orleans are homeless indefinitely.

20,000 Mississsippians without homes, and scores of Alabamans too.

This just may well be the worst natural disaster to strike America ever in modern history.

I have cried and cried today, thinking about these folks. Maybe it's because we share the same great big Mama Mississippi River that I feel such a connection and empathy for the people of New Orleans.

Maybe it's my French-born-on-the-bayou ancestral heritage that makes me so sad about what's happened this week.

Maybe it's that I find New Orleans one of the most beautiful cities in America, with its 500 year old Spanish architecture and the French Quarter...and oh man Cafe Du Monde.

Maybe it's all of this stuff combined.

Well whatever it is....I donated a meager $10 bucks to the Red Cross this evening. I'm hoping that millions of people like me, broke and living on student loans have done the same thing. If so, my meager $10 bucks becomes $10 millions.

On AM 680 today, our Air America affiliate in Memphis, one of our local radio hosts informed us that thousands of folks from Louisiana are in Memphis, and that they will be here for God only knows how long. I just want them to know that we welcome them here and that our hearts are with theirs in more ways than they know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home